Isn't one awesome blog every 5 months (or so) better than 30 mediocre ones? It's a question I seriously pondered for about 10 minutes last night when my wife informed she was writing on her blog again. Then my mind quickly drifted back to other things like 'I want dessert,' and 'Why do kids these days have toothpaste that tastes like bubblegum, " and 'I want dessert.' Actually I have a legitimate excuse for not blogging--- apathy. The main reason I forsook the blogosphere was because it wasn't that important to me. Oh sure I enjoyed it but not enough to break the endless and habitual cycle of other things I was enjoying more at any given time. Now I am back and I promise to blog for awhile and quit again whenever I feel like it. However I furthermore promise after an undetermined length of time I will renew my passion for blogging and start again. If all that seems harsh it is only because I have resolved to be honest with myself. I think everyone should. It is of no use to a person to lie to themselves and set up an impending failure. I am acutely aware that blogging can be fun (and perhaps at times therapeutic) for me. However, I also realize that it is what I can refer to as a 'non-essential'. So if I make a promise to blog consistently and fail then I become a liar over something I need not even lie for (of course understanding that we should never lie-- but some lies just seem more stupid than other ones). On the other hand, if I say from the beginning that I will on occasion (or on a whim) blog then I keep my word. I due warn people from completely adopting this philosophy as a whole. Obviously there are 'things' that we should both plan and implement despite our feelings. These are the essentials of life. They include reading the Word of God, prayer, participation in a local church, eating, maintaining a livable wage, breathing, and so on. Well enough of my re-introduction to blogging.
Since we last talked a number of events have transpired. I celebrated Christmas with my family and church. Turned 30! I spent 10 life changing days in Israel. (BTW I am going back in December with wife-- but more on that another day.) The church celebrated its 30th anniversary. I am still preaching thru Genesis (just finished chapter 36.) Everybody in the family got sick a few times. Ethan is playing soccer and doing really well at it. Elan is sweet and he likes to scream at high decibels. The church has been blessed with so many awesome people and a host of college students from Southwestern. And a bunch of other stuff I will not bore you with. Ultimately all praise goes to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Looking forward to another blog in the future to discuss some thoughts I have after I have hashed them out mentally some more.
Download Lagu MP3 Lirik Lagu- HAMPA ARI LASSO
7 years ago

1 comment:
Sometimes it's hard to come up with something to post. I really like blogging, especially about my kiddos. It's kinda like an online scrapbook or babybook, to keep records of their childhood. I guess it's a girl thing. This is actually easier for me since I do not have the patience to scrapbook regularly.
Keep posting, I enjoy reading them.
Post a Comment