Monday, March 29, 2010

Proverbial wisdom says that most pastoral resignations take place on Monday morning. While I can certainly emphathize with those 'feelings' from time to time I want to thank God for Monday's like today. The Lord spoke to our congregation yesterday. We exalted Christ by preaching the Word concerning His glorious resurrection. The crux of the message was the direct connection between the resurrection of Christ and His followers. In other words, our assurance of bodily resurrection rest not in ourselves but in His rising. In 1 Corinthians 15 Paul logically argues the necessity of bodily resurrection. Without resurrection the dead have eternally perished, gospel preachers are liars, we are still in our sins, and Christians are the most pitiful creatures on the earth. But thank God there is a resurrection! Since Christ our firstfruits has raised it is only a matter of time until our own. This moment will take place when the Lord personally returns for us. As a believer in Christ I do not have to fear the grave because Christ has conquered death once for all. We were blessed again to have a new family join the church. After the sermon the church family fellowshipped together around the meal table. The ladies, as always, provided a delictable feast and then everyone enjoyed watching our children hunt eggs. Then last night I was thankful for the spirtiual strides the men are making in our group study, "Disciplines of a Godly Man." God is raising up an army of men at South Burleson Baptist Church and I am privileged to serve alongside these soldiers. Monday's are almost always reserved for reflection and looking back all I can do is bask at the goodness of the Lord Jesus Christ and exclaim with the great Apostle, "Blessed be God who always gives us the victory in Christ Jesus."

No comments: