What a crazy week! Whit and I left our home at 3:30am last Monday with 2 boys and arrived back on Tuesday around 6:00pm with another litttle bambino. Eli Simon Paschal was born at 12:52pm on Monday March 15, 2010 weighing in at 8.2. Mom and Dad were relieved when he finally saw him for the first time. His big brothers were so excited to get to meet him. He bears an extraordinary resemblance to both of them. Whit and I have remininsed often about the birthdays of our boys. There are many similarities besides physical appearance but there is much uniqueness. Ethan, our firstborn, was born on a hot August day in 2003 (the same day there was a major black-out in NYC.) Moments after his delivery the doctor looked at us and said he's all yours now. As first time parents we were scared and our fears were heightened when his pediatrician sent him back to the hospital 4 days later with jaundice. We both wept as they poked him needles and worried that we have forever failed as parents. Ultimately he was perfectly fine and with some time and experience we figured out we were blessed with a really good baby. Elan's birth was even faster and much easier. He also was a good baby. Then another 3 years passed by. The Lord must give us short memories and we wanted another one. (Seemingly forgetting the sleep deprivation but I digress.) Nevertheless we wanted change anything. Then came Eli. Another beautiful baby boy in the Paschal home. I am reminded of the words of Psalm 127 written by King Solomon, "Children are a heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of his womb is his reward." I can't in my wildest dreams understand why God would reward my with 3 healthy boys all I can do is bless His Name.
No comments:
Post a Comment