Friday, March 12, 2010

Thankful

I am so sorry! I just realized it's been almost a year since my last blog. I suppose 'my followers' (or should I say 'former followers') don't have to speculate on the priority level of blogging for Shawn Paschal. Now with that formality behind me allow me to catch you up on the last 10 months in a few short sentences. Whitney and I are expecting a new son by Monday (literally!) Whitney and I also spent an incredible 10 days in Israel compliments of The Fathers House Educational Foundation (www.fathershousefoundation.com) in January. Ethan is doing pretty well in the 1rst grade. He played Upwards flag football last fall, is reading quite well, and like any 6 year boy can't wait for the summer. Elan is full of energy, loves mac and cheese, doesn't know the meaning of 'you don't have to yell I'm right here', and really is a sweet boy who loves daddy's G.I. Joe's and cuddling with his mom. The boys and I are faithfully reading "The Jesus Storybook Bible" and it has been such a blessing. South Burleson Baptist Church (www.southburleson.com) is growing spiritually and God has graciously added new faces to our fellowship. I am almost ready to finish up our sermon series on 1 Corinthians. I continue to learn how I much I really don't know and that everyday is an opportunity to mature in the Lord. I am prayerfully considering furthering my education this coming summer or fall. I can honestly say that I am excited about what God is doing in every area of my life. Perhaps I will even take up occassional blogging again. The Bible says in multiple places that we are to always be thankful. It can be hard to be thankful when nothing seems to be going your way and you can become forgetful to give thanks when things are going well. Right now things are going well and I want to say thank you to the Lord Jesus Christ for all He has done for my family and me.

1 comment:

The Moon Five said...

We love the "Jesus Storybook Bible." We have read several times with the girls, and Abby reads it on her own now too.