Early this morning God impressed upon my heart to give Him glory in all things. After I arrived at the office to study God provided me an opportunity to do just that. Whitney called to inform me that Ethan woke up sick. At that time he was running a temperature with some body aches. Since our children are notorious for getting sick weekends and holidays we decided it best to take him to the doctor today. While Whit stayed home with Elan and prepared for her Bible study tonight I drove Ethan to his doctor. The whole way there and even into the wait he acted (and assured me) he was feeling fine. Then shortly before the doctor entered the room his whole demeanor changed and he crawled into my lap. As the doctor was speaking with us he vomited all over himself, me, and the floor. (Praise God for nurses and latex gloves!) Ultimately he was diagnosed with strep again for the second time in two weeks. He threw up a second and third time on the way home. He was forced to take an antibiotic in the form of the dreaded injection. It was a hard day for my eldest son. We made it home and now he is sleeping peacefully. I decided to list ways in which Ethan's sickness gives Him glory:
1. sickness amplifies our weakness and therefore teaches us how fragile life is
2. sickness requires on us to call on someone outside of ourselves for help-- what a blessing to have my independent 5 year old crawl in my lap for comfort and help/ what a blessing to have access to good doctors and nurses to help us
3. sickness humbles us
4. sickness shows us how little control we have over time -- I did not plan to spend the day at the doctor's office
5. sickness reminds us of the lasting consequences of sin in the world
6. sickness brings out the special love a parent has for his/her child-- cleaning up vomit and changing diapers was not something I would have done 10 years ago
7. little sicknesses remind us to thank God it is not big ones
8. when sickness subsides we praise Him for His intervention
Take time out and articulate ways in which God gets glory in your life!
Download Lagu MP3 Lirik Lagu- HAMPA ARI LASSO
7 years ago

1 comment:
I had to take Rance to the dr. on Monday for a yeast infection! We waited over 2 hours before going back to the room and then didn't leave for another hour. On the way home I could have been really upset for things taking so long but instead I was thankful I have Rance to take to the dr. for the little sicknesses. Tuesday we just sat on the couch and watched Sesame Street, Curious George, and an old movie together.
Post a Comment