Sunday, November 23, 2008

There is a certain joy that accompanies the completion of tasks. Yesterday my staff used their Saturday to organize the church, most particularly the offices and storage rooms. The whole day was extremely productive as it was stuff that needed doing long ago. It amazing to watch the members of the staff take ownership and unite together. God has been steadily teaching me about the necessity of 'just getting stuff done.' It is often a struggle to leave the world of procrastination behind but I believe God is growing me in this area.

This morning was so exciting as I watched a room full of people worshipping the Lord Jesus Christ! I am praising God because a vibrant young family joined our fellowship this morning. This particular family came with a passion to serve. Thank you God for the addition. We were also blessed to have a healthy number of guests with us. Almost every week God sends people to the church to be loved and hear the gospel of grace. Thank you God for those precious folks. I am praying the message of Jesus will penetrate deep into their hearts. This morning's message dealt with Abraham and Isaac on the mount (Gen. 22) and the even greater sacrifice of God's Son. The proclamation of the gospel is the primary reason for the pulpit ministry. I can only pray that people will see Jesus and not me.

I now look forward to a great Thanksgiving week. Tonight Whit and I are having dinner with my good friend Josh Tapia and his wife Lisa. It is always good to see friends and fellowship around a good meal (especially when it's fried chicken!) Our Thanksgiving begins tomorrow night with a meal with Whit's mom and a birthday party for her little sister Courtney. (Happy Birthday Courtney) Then another meal on Wednesday and of course Thursday. I am looking forward to the family time.

No comments: