Friday, November 21, 2008

I remember one good thought during my study of the life of Abraham. A commentator basically said that it is "not just what you give to God but also what you keep for yourself." Abraham was willing to surrender his best on the altar of sacrifice because he loved God even more than his precious son. Each of us who follow Jesus Christ need to identify "the most precious things/persons" in our life. Then we need to pray for a heart of self-surrender. God gave us His best when He gave us His Son!

Personally, the whole family went to Wal-Mart tonight for a 'short' shopping trip. Let me say (for the 2 people in the world that don't know) that there in no such thing as a short trip to Wal-Mart. I typically avoid that place when I can. I can honestly say that I can count with my fingers the number of times I have been to the Burleson Wal-Mart. I am proud of that record! Tonight the place was packed, the aisles were impassable, the lines were long, the carts were sporadically strewn among the parking lot, kids (mine and everybody else's) were screaming, that all ended with a self-checkout machine that you wanted to introduce to an explosive device. But then we came home, ate cheeseburgers, put the kids to bed, and watched 20/20. All's well that ends well.

No comments: